More Home Seller Tips
HOME SELLER TIPS
1. Information Book on Property:
An information book on the property can often help answer many of the questions a Buyer may have, and eliminate objections.
Information Books usually contain utility information, recent major repairs, info on appliances, rental information, survey (if available), age of major items such as roof, info on pool etc.
2. Weather permitting plant flowers or use potted plants in front and back yard.
3. Ensure pools are clean and operational (weather permitting). Pools should have photos when not in use and a history of major items ie. liner, cover, pump, filter and heater
4. Ensure minor repairs are taken care of.
5. Keep things clean and tidy
6. If there is insufficient storage consider storing offsite
7. Remove any excess furniture,
8. Air the home out if odours are present, avoid cooking before showings
9. Display photos of landscaping during spring, summer months
10. Ensure front door handle is in good condition and the door is painted.
11. Replace any mats that are worn.
12. Place flowers in living room and dining room.
13. Mirrors can often make small spaces seem larger
14. Replace worn or poor quality floors20. Clean out closets
15. Ensure people can walk through a room easily
16. Tables should be clean and tidy, remove leaves to make space seem larger
17. Baking bread, or cooking a nice smelling aroma can often help
18. Put away countertop appliances in the kitchen
19. Organize shelves in the kitchen
20. Be sure all clothing is put away and cleaned (consider storing in portable racks in basement or off site if closets are too full)
21. Make all beds, and insure bed spreads are newer and matching
22. Store items in storage boxes, in inconspicuous locations or off site
23. Place display towels, and soaps in bathroom.
24. Remove everyday items such as shampoo, razor etc.
25. Place a new role of Toilet paper in each bathroom
26. Ensure all surfaces are clean and shiny, etc.
27. Replace the shower curtain and curtain rings if worn
28. Ensure basement is dry and mold free (paint if necessary)
29. Ensure Basement is well lit
30. Ensure basement is accessible and organized